The aim of this e-learning course is to show all persons what must be done to preserve the security and confidentiality of personal data and to ensure that you comply with Data Protection laws. The course outlines the importance of data protection and the impact it is has on the safety and welfare of people within the workplace, and highlights everyone’s responsibility.
- The Data Protection Act 1998 and its principles
- Disclosing information in-line with the law
- Consequences of failing to adhere to the Act
- How the law protects individuals
- The role of the Information Commissioner